Photobucket

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

a kindergarten story

i just had to share this story....

i wanted to be the one to tell my students that i was going to have a baby and teachers would say things in the hallway - so i needed to tell them before one of my coworkers leaked it out instead...

i bought the book "Our Teacher's Having a Baby" by eve bunting and i read that to my students today. after i read the book i asked them "why do you think i read this book to you?" i got answers like
*you like the story
*you like to read
*you like the baby in the story
*you want us to like to read

finally one of my students said "the teacher is pregnant" and i said "who is pregnant?" and they said "the teacher" then i asked... "who's the teacher" and they said "you are" after going back and forth with these same questions for a little finally one of my little girls said "because your going to have a baby."

oh my - it took a while to get that out of them... but once they figured it out they were excited. it was really cute! they make me laugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment