Photobucket

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened

well - yesterday was my last day of work... i was okay until the staff meeting - i knew that i wouldn't be able to make it through without crying... i can't believe i don't have a teaching job next year.

lets talk about aiden... he's doing okay - we went to the doctor today because of his excessive spit up/throw up after each bottle... the FNP we saw last week recommended a barium swallow test - well the FNP we saw today didn't really want to go that route... and that made me happy - so we are trying some other things first. aiden has been constipated since last thursday (he's having BM's - they are just very hard) so we are treating that first... she said that part of him spitting up could be that he is so backed up and it's putting pressure on his stomach which is then causing him to spit up. so i have some medicine to add to his bottle to help. so we are trying that for about 2 weeks and see if that helps. if not we move on to step 2 - and that is to give him zantac - which she said is what they give for reflux. and then if that still isn't helping that we will try him back on a soy formula.

i'm glad she didn't want to do that barium swallow - he's already had one x-ray already and he's still so little!

we've also taken aiden to the chiropractor twice... i think it's been good for him. we can only afford to take him when adam goes though - which is every other week - if he goes with adam he only costs $1

adam is in his 6th week of mandate (the police academy) he's got 4 weeks left. then he'll be an actual badge wearing - gun carrying - sheriffs deputy! he's doing great so far - he's 3rd in the class!

i think thats about all for the turner household - nothing too exciting - but thats life!

3 comments:

  1. Amy, our little Anna was a power-spitter until about 6 months, when she started sitting up more frequently and steadily. I read that the upright position helped keep things down in her belly, rather than all over me, my husband and the floor. Also, her little digestive system was/is still maturing. After she started sitting up, she'd still spit up a little, but she got good at catching it in her mouth, then reswallowing. I'm not gonna lie - it was gross.

    When I say she was a power spitter, I'm not kidding. We would go through about 6-10 burp cloths per day. She was breast-fed for her first 7 1/2 months, and is now on regular formula. Poor kid has always had problems pooping (mostly just irregular), but now that she's on formula, it's a lot worse. She's pooping, but incredibly constipated. But she still seems happy, so we're thankful for that. In addition to the formula, she pretty much just eats high fiber solids - green beans and prunes. We're also thankful that she doesn't require a lot of variety in her diet right now!

    I guess I'm just trying to tell you to hang in there! Some babies just spit up a lot. My mom told me it was payback for all of the spitting up I did as an infant. :) I'm glad to hear you don't have to put him through that barium test - yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping you can find work again soon--or even better yet, find a way you can stay with sweet Aiden more! Sophie was very spitty too & the thing that helped her was just growing bigger and sitting up more. I'm glad to hear Aiden doesn't need to do that test yet & hopefully you can find something to make him more comfy!

    btw-I'm giving you a bloggy award:
    http://mamacampbell.blogspot.com/2010/05/yay-i-won-award-o.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture you just posted on the top of your blog is SO CUTE! We all say babies are cute because that is what you say about a baby. Not all babies are cute though... I'm not lying when I say Aiden is one of the cutest babies I've seen recently (of course up there with my niece :) ). Can't wait to snuggle with him!

    ReplyDelete